Thursday, January 13, 2011

S.A.T. Style Reflective Essay: "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring"



 In the film a young monk put a rock on animal's neck. So the animals, fish, frong and snake couldn't move their body easily and the monk laughing at them, not noticing the witness of his teacher.

 During night, the teacher got into the monk's room and do the same thing that the monk did previously to the monk.

 Next morningm the teacher asked to the monk about his action that he took yesterday And the monk aditted all the things that he did yesterday. The teacher said then, "Release the animals you had caught yesterday." Therefore the monk follow his command.

 I have a similar experience with his film : When I was young, I wanted to raise some fish. But my mother said, "You can't raise animals in the house as the animals may easily die by some stresses. You don't want to be locked in a small place, it is same for the animals."

 However I thought that "I can take care of them very well therefore they won't get any stresses." So, I bought some fishfrom a store and started to raise them.

 At first, I tried to take care of them, but as time goes, my attention on them gets weaker and weaker. And eventually they died as I didn't participate on them.

 At that night, the day that my fish died, I was struggling with an emotion of my fish. I couldn't get out from a feeling that I killed the fish. Finally I cried, feeling a guilty on my fish.

 With this experience, I get a lesson "Every life is precious and have to be repsected." And I think this is the thing that the teacher was trying to teach his young student.

 I wholely agree with the lesson and I think the lesson is one of the lessons that is very important and significant to us.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent essay, and I like how you tell the story about your fish. I had similar experiences, and I remember flushing goldfish down the toilet as a kid thinking that it wasn't a very pleasant funeral. It's an interesting thing to debate - how we treat animals. I think it is wise for us to reconsider our ability to truly provide for any pet we may want to keep.

    ReplyDelete